Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Im using a roland gk3 mounted on an ibanez gio with new

Customer Question

Im using a roland gk3 mounted on an ibanez gio with new seymour duncan 9v active pickups. The gk3 goes thru a roland gi20, thru a motu 5 channel midi router, to a roland xv3080 into 2 channels on a 16 ch firewire mixer. The seymour duncan signal is split, one side goes to a boss gt001 to 2 more channels on the mixer; the other side goes thru a crate tpd preamp, thru a boss gt8, thru a autocom pro xl compresser/limiter, and to 2 more channels on the mixer. the midi side works great! the audio part works great!
The problem: cant use both at the same time. The active pickups reak havoc with the midi pickup when both are active. If i pull the audio cable out, the midi works great, cable in and the midi double triggers, wrong notes, wont bend and sound erratic.
What do i need to do to correct this without going passive with the seymour duncans. Seems that the increased magnetic field from the active pickups are interfering with the gk3.
Thank you; Sincerely, Chuck
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** to Justanswer! Give me just a few minutes to look up some specifics, I'm working on this now.

Expert:  Rusty replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your time Rusty, although I have been an aircraft electricial mechanic for Boeing and United Airlines for over 40 years, I have NASA level soldering skills, I can read electrical blueprints. I have had a small home recording studio for over 20 years, 11 electric guitars and basses that I have custom built over the years; so, I'm no stranger to guitar and musical equipment electronics. With that being said, I'm stumped on how to correct this without sacrificing the active pickups i installed. Do you have a solution that gives me the multi sounds at the same time without having to go back to passive pickups? Again, thank you for your time Rusty, I look foward to your reply.
Sincerely; Charles Bedford.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I prefer a written responce, so I can go back to it later rather than trying to remember what we talked about. I am 63 and my short time memory has not been so good lately. Hope you understand. Charles Bedford