ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

In Sib 7, some scores lose one or two lines on the stave. I

Customer Question

In Sib 7, some scores lose one or two lines on the stave. I have tried replacing the offending pages with what I thought was a good version of the same music, but the lines still disappear and, worse still, the good version has also started to lose lines.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Toshiba Satellite laptop bought in late 2012 ; windows 7 now up dated to 10 but the problem existed in both versions. Printer is HP Envy 4500 new 2014.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a year but it only affects one or two scores. I think I can resolve it by resetting the score completely but that is very time- consuming and I'm uncertain if it will work.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything just now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 1 month ago.

To get back missing lines you need to have another staff on the score which does have barlines (if you don't have one then press 'i' for instruments and add one).

Then on the new staff click at the point where the barline meets the staff and you will again get a little blue box at that point.

Drag this blue box towards the staff that is missing its barlines and they will re-appear and also be attached to the new staff.
Then either delete the new staff or drag the little blue box back towards the new staff which will then stop the barlines being joined between instruments.

Let me know if that works?

Pete.