MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have a QY300 that I have created sequences for and saved

Customer Question

I have a QY300 that I have created sequences for and saved them to 3!/2" floppys. Can I convert them for use in my QY100?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: old sequencer is a n old (15 yr) QY300 and I want to use the files store on floppys for use on my newer (2-3 yr) QY100. Can this be done and how?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: No troubles are occurring. I would like to use to stored sequences that I have stored on floppy discs on my newer QY100 which uses a flash card
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
also, when I save the files to floppy, how do I add a file name so I can access just ONE of the sequences save on the floppy. I have been using a whole disc for just one sequence which is a TERRIBLE waste of storage space.
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael Good morning.

I sympathize with you. It has happened to me with my robotic files as well ;-(

In this particular situation there is no way to convert those files for use in the now unit. The reason is the format is not compatible with today's data accessing methods. The only way to do that, would require you to build a a special device with correct porting and have an IC burned to make those transfers readable by the new system.

Its a lot of work, and unfortunately they dont sell the equipment for that any longer. They used to have that stuff available to us techs but no longer lol.

I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.

But if you are electronically skilled, I can look to see if I can find the parts so you can build this device?

You would need a good working knowledge of electronics and the tools for this task.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael