Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician

I just received the A800 Pro keyboard. I have followed the

Customer Question

I just received the A800 Pro keyboard. I have followed the instructions re: exiting edit mode but when I press the ACT and the arrow key the only thing that happens is the ACT button lights up. It looks like I am stuck in edit mode as the screen alternately says Velocity and S8. Can you tell me how to get into Play mode? The Value button works to change the values of the velocity and S8 but the enter button does nothing.
Submitted: 2 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 2 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you today.

I have a couple of questions.....

First Did you just get the unit and if so was it new or preowned.

Second have you tried a factory reset on the unit

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
It is new. Cannot get to the factory reset settings, thats why I contacted you. I can only change the velocity value, nothing else responds as stated in the manual.

Did you try a factory reset. If the computer is confused that will correct the issue.

The reason I am asking is to try and find out where the reset is going wrong. Are you unable to get to the screen or at the screen are you unable to select reset or what.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I am stuck at this screen. I read the manual and intended to try a factory reset but when I depress the 2 buttons at the same time ( as referenced in the manual) nothing happens. The manual also gives 2 alternate buttons to access that menu and that also did nothing.The manual says ny pushing those buttons I should go to the menu that has screen contrast, settings, factory reset, etc. Nothing happens.

It sounds like you have a hardware issue. Either a "tac switch" under the buttons is bad or possibly in shipment to you a plug between the boards has become disconnected or one of the boards has a broken connection in it. If you cant get the buttons to respond as they should you are not going to correct it by pushing buttons. If you open the unit and try to repair it you will void the warranty. The good thing is its new and under factory warranty. If you can give me the city you are in and your zip code I can direct you to the factory service center for your area.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
I can return it to the store as I just got it yesterday. Seemed unlikely unit would be bad out of the box which is why I contacted you. I will return it. Will I be charged the full $28 for this?

Some dealers will replace the unit from stock "if they have replacement" If so that is good. Depending on the store and there policy they may tell you to take it to the local service center. Either way you will have it taken care of at no charge to you. As for a refund from Just answers, I have no control over that you will need to contact there customer support.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you