ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.

My wife's CVP 109 makes loud snapping, cackling noise while

Good evening. My wife's CVP 109 makes loud snapping, cackling noise while at rest or playing on all right hand speakers. Any suggestions. ***@******.***.
Thank you

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Let me know if you can hear crackling through headphones as well...

If you can, then there is likely a fault on the main board inside the Clavinova.

Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you. Yes head phones make same noise. To make the repair to the main board what part number do I replace and how is this done. Also, does Yamaha have some kind of warranty. Piano is old but doesn't get used much. Not like we are in a band.
Thanks again Pete.

Hi Nick,

Yamaha Clavinovas have a 5 year warranty, so you may be in luck - here is the warranty policy:

If you are not covered by warranty, there is a repair service available at: