jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

I need to know how to save songs on a disk. I have a CVP

Customer Question

I need to know how to save songs on a disk. I have a CVP 303. I recorded songs on the disk but it said I had to save it before adding another song.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Yahama Clavonvia It is a CVP 303. It has the disk holder under the keyboard. Another number on it 3.3V. I don't know how old it is. I play for church services on a military base, it is in the chapel. I'm trying to record songs so they will have music when I'm out.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I asked if they had the manual, they don't. I recorded a song and it would play, but I need to put 4 songs on the disc for church services. It shows a message that I must save it before I can add any more songs. That's what I don't know how to do. It doesn't have a save button.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

For a Clavinova this old, you almost certainly will have to record onto floppy discs.

I am looking up information on your specific model... please wait. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The disk I'm using is plastic. I used the same kind of disk when I was teaching music.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 days ago.

Does this work:

1. Hold down the REC button and select a track using the Toggle buttons below the display.

2. Begin playing.

3. Press the STOP button to stop recording.

4. Press the Song Select to get to the SONG display.

5. Select the destination for the recorded song to be stored in (either USER, or USB).

6. Press 6 to get to the save page.

7. Name the Song.

8. Press 8 (OK) to complete the process.

? I'm not sure that follows the options on your CP303, so I am asking, Does that work OK?