Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician

I have a Digitech Vocalist live 4--the foot switches are not

Customer Question

Hi , I have a Digitech Vocalist live 4--the foot switches are not operating properly--sometimes I have to hit the switch 4 or 5 times to make it change from harmony to no harmony. Are they easily replaced?
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ron, and I am a factory certified musical instrument technician. I see you’re having some problems with your equipment. I can help you,

In answer to your question, they are not hard to change but you do need to soulder them in. Just open the unit up and replace the defective switches.

Most of the newer units have some form of computer in them. They are subject to damage from static discharge, before you touch anything grab some part of the metal frame and ground out any static charge you might have built up. Never unplug or plug in a cable or connector with the power on.

I hope this has helped and if you have any additional problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Ron Winston replied 10 days ago.

Just wondering if you have replaced those switches yet, and how did it work out?