Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I am sure I switched from Apple to direct but I can't get

Customer Question

I am sure I switched from Apple to direct but I can't get sound out of my yamaha recieverr
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: receiver
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: yamaha natural sound av receiver rx-V477
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: anything they should know
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems. Please note it can take me a few minutes between replies, so please be patient.

Also: If you receive a phone call offer, that is not sent by me - it is sent by the site without my knowledge. I am not available by phone, so please keep in mind I will be engaging you on this page.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

By far the most common cause of this problem, is a glitch in the DirecTv box.
Please follow the steps below:
1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box, the Yamaha receiver AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).
2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the DiredcTv is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Plug the cable box, Yamaha receiver AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

This should restore the sound. However if it does not, then please try another source- such as a DVD player, or Apple TV and see if that has sound. This tells us whether the DirecTv box, or the Yamaha receiver is the root cause of the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you need further help. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.

Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Do you need further assistance here? Can you please tell me the results after doing those steps above?

Expert:  Aric replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.