jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

YOU FROM A RANCH JUST OUT OF VALLEY,CANADA.WE HAVE SEEBURG

Customer Question

HI,I'M TYPING YOU FROM A RANCH JUST OUT OF TURNER VALLEY,CANADA.WE HAVE SEEBURG LP CONSOLE THATS BEEN HERE FOR SOME TIME.IT HAS POWER BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO GET IT TO WORK FROM THERE?WHAT AMOUNT OF COIN DID THEY USE TO PLAY A TUNE ON IT?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: IT'S A LP CONSOLE.AS FOR IT'S AGE I'M NOT SURE?IT'S AN SEEBURG LP CONSOLE-MODEL ELPC-1 R 22 SERIAL NO.212504 AS FOR IT'S AGE I COULD ONLY GUESS ,WHICH WOULD NOT BE ACCURATE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I'VE ONLY TRIED WORKING WITH IT BRIEFLY. IT WAS HERE WHEN I CAME ONTO THE RANCH ABOUT SIX YEARS AGO. AS FOR THE TROUBLE SHOOTING I HAVEN'T TRIED TOO MUCH AS I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW THEY OPERATE.I'M NOT TOO SURE WHETHER IT STILL REQUIRES COIN AND HOW MUCH?
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: MAINLY WHAT OR HOW I SHOULD CHECK FURTHER. LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE,THERE IS POWER BUT BEYOND THAT WHAT I NEED TO DO IS A ? MARK.I HAVE BEEN WONDERING IF IT STILL NEEDS MONEY INSERTED AND HOW MUCH?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are several things to be done. 1: does it have a cash-box? if so, putting it into freeplay mode can get the cashbox to authorize free play.

2. is there any sign it is 'broken' or non-functional? e.g. lights not coming On, etc. ?