Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Technics SX-PR902 electronic piano in our church

Customer Question

We have a Technics SX-PR902 electronic piano in our church in Limon, Colorado zip 80828. We are not able to get the piano to power up even though the red light on the face of the keyboard is lit indicating it has power. We tried unplugging and turning off and on and holding down the 3 buttons in the rhythm section. Can you help us?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do you want to repair the keyboard/piano yourself?

How old is the Technics keyboard/piano in question, please?

Would you be interested in local repair services? if so, I will research a choice of the local possible and qualified repair co.s that do repair Technics keyboard/pianos of this type, and get you the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not sure about the age of the piano but I believe it is at least 25 yrs old. We would like to be able to fix it ourselves but if you think that is not possible, please to have the contact info for the nearest repair person. Thank you

OK. I will research that info, and get back to you with both self-repair info (to some extent, to try first), then local repair info for you to contact in your region.

Thanks for the response, and your patience meanwhile.

Where power is obviously getting to an electric piano, but it will not show other signs of life, it unfortunately may be severely / expensively damaged.

I think that, aside from checking the outlet (to make sure the circuit breaker, and/or GFI reset switch on it if it has one, is properly reset), and unplugging it for several hours to see if that revives it by fortunate chance, you have no option but to contact a repair servicing facility or company, and ask them (since this may be an expensive repair) for their estimate of the repair charge to you, and obvious questions after that of course.

In your region, there are these to contact:

Christofori Line Inc.

Deer Trail, CO 80105

(###) ###-####/p>

Campbell Piano Service

*****/p>

Calhan, CO 80808

(###) ###-####/p>

and those two are fairly near to you.

and in nortwest Denver Metro area, there's

***** ***** Piano Service & Sales

("CLOSED NOW" Open tomorrow:8:00 am - 6:00 pm)

*****/p>

Arvada, CO 80002

(###) ###-####/p>

If you need other listings, if those cannot help you, there are others in the Denver and Colorado Springs areas that can be tried, that I can find for you. Let me know if that's the case... note, that the Technics name was long ago split up and shared out among various companies, including Panasonic, and your electronic piano may be a species of orphan, as far as authorized repairers are concerned. So more listings may need to be examined, before a good match for your case is found.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.