MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I bought a used vg-99. I plugged in my 13 pin guitar. No

Customer Question

I bought a used vg-99. I plugged in my ***** ***** 13 pin guitar. No sound came out when I used the synth switch on my guitar. Sound did come out when I switched the synth + guitar setting. (I was only using a 13 pin chord. I tested the chord by plugging into a gr-55. The synth switch alone worked.
So, either the vg-99 is broken, or there are settings preventing the synth switch on my guitar from working properly on the vg-99.
Note- I didn't read the manual, although I downloaded a copy of it. My guitar has the RMC puedo pickup. Can you help? Can you tell if the vg-99 is broken, or are there settings on it that can enable the synth switch on the guitar? Thanks. George Tarkan
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 months ago.

Hi George, good morning, Im sorry to hear that.

Usually this is caused by a bad switch or failed wire connection on the vg-99.

You would need to open that up and check the wires to the switches.

This will require soldering to fix. So you will need experience in that feild or likely you will cause further damage :-(

I know this as once about 30 years ago I attempted this kind of thing with no experience and it wasn't a good lol.

Fortunately I have had mil spec soldering experience since then ;-)

I will help you though if you feel you can do this. If not, you would do well to bringing this to a guitar shop for repair.

They should know exactly what to do, it is an easy fix for an experienced technician Also not an expensive one either ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day George!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess I'll have to find a repair shop in my area to check this out. I'll get back to you. It might take a few days to find a shop and get it fixed.

Hi yep, I wish I had better news;-(

Please rate my service at this time, it doesnt cost you anything and it allows me you and I to continue no cost there;-)

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael