jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

How can I synch a Tascam MSR-24 track tape machine to Logic

Customer Question

How can I synch a Tascam MSR-24 track tape machine to Logic X so that I can get the one to “chase the other so that I can record to tape as the DAW is playing? I use an Apogee Ensemble as my audio interface.I want to record tracks to the analog tape so that when I bounce them to the DAW, Logic, the tracks are lined up and synched in time the the digitally recorded tracks.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is the DAW, please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Logic X, I use an Apogee Ensemble as my audio interface.

I'm sorry - I don't think I have the expertise to answer your question, on second thought and now that I understand it better.

I have Opted Out, offering my apologies, in favor of another Expert. If and when another Expert takes up the case, you ought to receive a notification email.

Thank you for your patience, meanwhile.

Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer, how do you have the Apogee connected to your computer? Are you trying to add the analog warmth to each digital track or do you just want it to record to a stereo track on Tascam?

Expert:  Rusty replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need help with this? I'm a sound engineer, in case you still need help.