Ron Winston
Ron Winston, Owner of Winston Electronics, Servicing music electronics for over 50 years
Experience:  Factory Certified Technician
96084425

I donated my Roland KR 350, S/N ZF11556, to a non-profit

Customer Question

I donated my Roland KR 350, S/N ZF11556, to a non-profit organization. The piano was shipped from Illinois to Indiana. Upon setting it up in its new home, it was discovered that the top 11 keys are not playing. They are sticking.
Could this be a problem due to transport? How can they get the keys to work properly again?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Ron Winston replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem. I have a couple of questions and a comment. First are the top eleven keys all naturals or are they naturals and sharps? second can they see if the front of the key is rubbing the case? Do they make sound and stick down or do the make no sound? If the unit was working before it was shipped I would say it is a good bet it had an impact during shipping. Let me know what you find out and I will try to help.

Hello Barbara

Have you had a chance to see if those keys are rubbing the front rail? If there is some actual damage you may be able to file a claim with the carrier. Please let me know what you found out. If I can be of any further help please let me know.