jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

Just purchased a new Roland TD 25K drum set and am having

Customer Question

Just purchased a new Roland TD 25K drum set and am having problems with the module. Lately, it won't recognize or process songs from my USB stick and when it does the song will stop after 30 seconds or so. I have reconnected all of the triggers but that didn't help. What's wrong? Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The problem may require some trouble to find. Have you tried a different USB stick? it might just be the particular USB stick is having problems.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have tried different sticks

Have you tried a reset of your drum set? it might perhaps be having an internal processing error and need a reset to straighten it out. (Warning: a reset might erase settings stored on the drum set.)

Is there any symptom of an error?

How old is the drum set in question, quite new? how new, please? Has playing from the USB stick ever worked properly?

Are the playing sequences from the USB stick, recorded on this drum set, or recorded elsewhere / on another machine?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reset didn't help. Drums are practically brand new. Just purchased a couple of months ago. USB stick worked couple of weeks ago. Don't really care about recording just yet just use the stick for song backing

So the USB stick contains 'recordings' or sequences from another device.

Can you record onto the USB stick(s)? if so, try recording a test sequence, of >30 seconds length. Then try playing it back.. does it go through, or does it stop?