jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

The screen on our jukebox fades to black and stops working.

Customer Question

the screen on our jukebox fades to black and stops working. has to be rebooted and will work for a 'few' minutes then does it again. what do you think the problem is?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The LCD part could have a problem, but that sort of pattern is rather more likely to be either a problem with the power supply to the whole device per se (the power supply module inside it), or else a power problem caused by a shorted component in the jukebox drawing too much current and causing the power supply to shut down protectively - at a guess.

But how old is the jukebox, and what is its maker and model ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a nsm fusion approx. 5 years old, could I tell anything from looking inside?could Russell H. call me

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request - if you register a formal Phone Call Service request at JustAnswer - will still be open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Does any error code appear on the display, just before it fades out?

And if you keep pressing control buttons, once per minute, does it still fade out? (It might doubtfully be on a 'screen saver' timer setting or power saver or some such... check the power connection to make sure it isn't working on battery, or some such problem of a simple kind.)