MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I have a Yamaha digital piano model p45 ... There's no sound

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha digital piano model p45 ... There's no sound when I play the piano however when I put the headphones on I can hear sound
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full Model #?

Also how old is your digital keyboard?

I know the problem ;-)

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I believe the full model number is *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Piano is about 1 yr old
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There used to be sound when we first got it... Then a few months later no sound when we play it but when u put headphones on there is still sound

Hi thank you for that information.

The problem is a failed jack for your head phones. I know the issue well/ You can try plugging and unplugging the headphones a few time to see if that helps, but it might not.

To fix this you will need a Keyboard repair shop to fix this for you or you can take this one to Best Buy or Sears and they will send it out for this fix ;-)

They are both reliable and fair priced, also they do excellent work;-)

But... I would check the exact age to be sure your keyboard isn't less than 1 full year old first!

If its less than ! year, it is still fully covered under its warranty and if that is the case, then please call Yamaha, using the phone contact info in your user manual and on the warranty card for free repair service.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael