MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

My Klavinova CLP380, about eight years old, has developed a

Customer Question

My Klavinova CLP380, about eight years old, has developed a condition where random keys will play very loudly. The condition is totally random as to which keys, when and how struck hard or softly.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

How old is your Clavinova?

Also has it had a lot of play time use?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
About 8 years old and it is played quite a lot. At least one hour a day, usually two hours.

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately this one needs to go in for service.

The repair technician will change out your keyboard portion because they eventually wear out and cause unwanted operation like the problem you have now ;-(

Its not a very expensive repair and you can do a local web search if you want a tech to come out to your home and fix this for you.

Or you can bring it to Best Buy or Sears for this repair.

Both Best Buy and Sears do a great job and they are reasonable but they take up to two weeks to have it back to you fixed.

If you are handy and would like to replace the keyboard section with my help that works too.

Just let me know on that. But you will need to do some soldering more than likely as well. let me also know if you have that experience and equipment ?

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great day!

Sincerely

Tech Michael