Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.
If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.
2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)
3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)
I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.
How old is your Roland keyboard?
Hi here is the proceedure for the factory default reset:
Roland XP-80 Initializing – Restoring the Factory Settings
The following procedure will clear the internal memory and reload the factory settings:
(CAUTION!!!!: All USER information will be lost!!! Be sure to back up any information you wish to keep!!!)
NOTE: Never turn off the power during a Factory Reset. This may result in corrupted internal data and may prevent the power from being turned on again.
1) Press UTILITY.
2) Press 8 on the key-pad followed by ENTER.
3) Press F6: EXECUTE.
4) If Memory Protect is on, dial OFF, then ENTER.
5) Press F6: EXECUTE.
If that works Great!
But if not, you will need this one serviced by a local instrument piano organ repairman to fix the dim screen.
There is no battery for this part, but these screens will fail eventually and require replacement.
In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.
Please rate my service kindly.
Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.
Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.
Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.
Thank you and have a great week!