jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

What do I do if YAMAHA DJX Doesn't come on anymore. it just

Customer Question

What do I do if YAMAHA DJX Doesn't come on anymore . it just stopped coming on. Had been plugged up with Batteries inside saving memory . I bought some new Batteries turned it off left it Plugged up I put in family dollar Super D Batteries then pressed power Button and Nothing Happened. Unplugged adapter to See if batteries were working Nothing A gain then plugged back up again nothing, light on adapter green ( lit ) Nothing still , left alone plugged up two days tried again Nothing no shock or Damage done to it. What should I Do ?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that what you are asking about is cause for serious concern.

There are some things to check for that could cause, or contribute, to the problem.

1. Is the Yamaha DJX plugged into the wall outlet ? or is it powered through a surge protector?

2. Was there an electrical storm, thunderstorm, or similar weather, and/or a power failure, in the region prior to the problem first showing up?

3. Does the AC adapter cord look un-stressed and not severely bent at any point?

4. Are all cords firmly plugged in ? in the AC adapter.

5. How old is the DJX in question?

There are things that can be tried, but ultimately it may be a matter so severe as to require that the Yamaha DJX be service-repaired, unfortunately. This is quite likely to be what is required to get the device working again.

If so, what is your local zip code, please? so that I can look up listings for nearby Yamaha Authorized service co.s that can repair your DJX.

Please let me know, by Reply To Expert, and I will assist and advise you further.