jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

I have 3 stops that come on when the organ power goes on. I

Customer Question

I have 3 stops that come on when the organ power goes on. I looking to see if there is a factory reset.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just started tonight after a very short power (utility) interruption.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried to reset the "0" piston to no stops on. First time I have every had a problem with this.
JA: The instrument expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thantks
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me, what make and model of organ you are asking about ?

Use the Reply To Expert function, to let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The organ is a Baldwin B280 which was build the Church Organ Systems.

Thanks for the information.

I don't think there is any way to factory reset a Baldwin organ, though I have not looked up specifics for this model yet. (I will do so, now.)

If the stops were pistons, then you'd hold them, and set them to the desired value, then release them.

Look for three pistons ... and let me know what stops are coming On, if you can identify them.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
On the B280 there is a "set" button. You select the stops you want, press the set button and then press the piston you want to assign those stops to. The specific stops in this case are Great-Bourdon 8', Swell-Gedackt 8', and pedal-Subbass 16'.

If the stops are Great, Swell, and Pedal, then that's a complete spread, typical of a circuitry defect or defects. I suspect your Baldwin will require electronic (or mechanical) repair.

Since other Experts may have a more detailed or more favorable opinion, I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.