Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

How do I blow the dust out of my Kurzweil K1000. It is

Customer Question

How do I blow the dust out of my Kurzweil K1000. It is making crackeling sound.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Crackles are caused by digital ICs that are overdriven, or that are malfunctioning. Does it crackle when you play loudly more than when you play softer? This could be a sign of a weak resistor prior to going to the amp circuit.

Remove the screws on the bottom of the piano to open it up. Hold the air about 2 feet away from the circuitry. Hold a vacuum adjacent to the air to catch the dust, and blow it out thoroughly.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You didn't tell me which screws to remove!
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Yes, look at the first sentence of the second paragraph. You'll need to remove every screw from the bottom.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Wrong my friend. I removed a few and some on the end which finally allowed me to open it. If I had removed all of them, I would have loosened all the components. Thank you for you assistance, but . . . it really didn't help me, and it was incorrect.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry to report your answer was of little help. If I had removed all the screws, it would have loosened all the components on the inside of my piano. By removing some of the larger screws I was able to obtain entry into the unit, blow out the unit and easily assemble it again. I also had to remove the screws on the end of the unit. This was sadly not any help. Best wishes.