ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.

I have a kurzweil grand ensemble iii - the volume is very

Customer Question

I have a kurzweil grand ensemble mark iii - the volume is very low. it comes on intermittently - but then goes off again like it is a loos connection. If I hook up to my guitar amp through the audio out - it's fine - but the internal speakers have only the faintest sound coming from them They were totally fine - then one day just stopped being normal.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i was literally just about to make a video showing how low the volume is - and when i hit the top keys - the sound came back on again. I still need to know what the issue is though.So just to make it clearer than I have it above. The sound is there - but when it goes out it sounds like i have the volume on a very low setting (internal speakers only). I can hook the piano up to my guitar amp and there is plenty of sound - but not from the internal speakers. I have checked to see if it's just a loose wire but I don't see anything out of place. The transpose slider has not worked since I bought the piano - but it's never hampered volume so I've just left it alone.I've just checked it again and the volume is still fine. Is it a loose wire? and if so where? thanks
Expert:  ITPeter replied 2 months ago.

Hi Malcolm,

This may be a symptom of a failing internal amplifier, or a fault with the main control board.