jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

I have a Tascam CD-RW2000 which I absolutely love. The unit

Customer Question

Hello. I have a Tascam CD-RW2000 which I absolutely love. The unit works but I am having issues with the CD drawer and reading of TOC. When I put a CD in the unit, after pressing "close" the drawer will open again and not read TOC. I have to do this several times before the unit reads the CD disc. Now, when I put a disc in the drawer and press close the drawer will close and then come back out and still read "open". Other times, upon turning the unit on, I can't get the drawer to open. After several times of turning the unit off and on it will work. I own and sound and lighting company and like to record bands out of the mixing console. I would like to send the unit in for repair and any general upgrades, cleaning and preventive maintenance that needs to be done. Please let me know the procedure for getting the unit repaired. If you have a good qualified repair center in Louisiana, maybe New Orleans or Baton Rouge let me know and I will get repairs done there. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Nick Savarino
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 2 months ago.

Hi Nick, Im sorry to hear that.

How old is your Tascam unit?

Also did this slowly get worse or all of a sudden did you have this issue?

And will it read any discs now?

Thank you Nick.

Tech Michael