Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I just started using S13. Love it! But... When I go to

Customer Question

I just started using S13. Love it! But... When I go to change the tempo (BPM) of a song only my drums (EZDrummer) change tempo. All my recorded .wav files do not.In preferences I have checked the option: "record tempo information to audio file"Could this be the problem?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
BTW - Presonus Studioon e...
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. I'm a sound engineer, let's take a look. The tempo information to an audio file will definitely keep the same tempo. To change the tempo of a .wav file, you have to decrease the bitrate, and it will naturally speed up.

The drums are built in, and can change the bit rate easily. I want you to record a new .wav file, only don't record the tempo information this time. Tell me if that works. Otherwise, we will have to change the sample rate to speed it up or slow it down. That's an extra step, and can be a little confusing if you're not used to working with samples.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll try it....
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried it but it didn't work. There has to be something easier than changing the bit rate...
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Well, no, that's how .wav files work. Midi files are able to change their tempos, but .wav files are recordings, and will play as they were recorded. The bit rate is the speed in which they play, therefore the way to change the tempo of a .wav is to change the bit rate.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I used the DAW Reaper before and it was just a matter of changing the BPM. ON the Presonus forums they said it should work the same way but no one can tell me what I am doing wrong....
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sure that you know what your talking about. I don't know if you are an expert in Studio One though. I may have better uck calling the tech who sold me this at Sweetwater or calling Presonus. IN the mean time I will see if I can figure out how to change the bitrate and see where that leads me.
Expert:  Rusty replied 9 months ago.

Click here, this is one way. The other way is to start a new session. Your current bit rate is at 44,100. If you make the new session a higher bit rate, it will slow down the wav. If you start it at a lower rate, it will speed the wave up.