Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Have a Roland xp 80 that I already reset to factory default.

Customer Question

Have a Roland xp 80 that I already reset to factory default. I have 1/4 in jacks goin into monitors that include the amp. No sounds? Any ideas
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Haven't used in a year. Battery is low, but you can see the lcd
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Initially going through and turning on or off the recommended suggestions that are on this website, so I reset it. That's all. I do not have midi in it. Just jacks direct out to new amps
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Yes, it's a Roland Xperia 80'worksation. I am a guitar by trade and only use this occasional for background. I just eventually hit enough buttons and it works, as recent as two months ago. Now, I have a studio and need this all the time
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just tell him I am not too smart about this... Thank you
JA: I think I'm good at discovering what our customers are really trying to ask. Both my kids went to college so my genes are intelligent.
Customer: Cool. I am 55
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Richard and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, consider/try the full hard RESET by removing the internal battery for a length of time and then replacing it (if have not been done).

Please click HERE to inquire for replacement battery.

The video HERE may shed insight on the replacement procedures.

This hard reset is both a test and a try of a fix. As it implies, a reset would force the unit to revert back to factory defaults removing glitches and config errors but would include memories, presets and user preferences. After a reset, the initial setup would have to be performed.

This is very critical - this reset however would not be corrective of an internal hardware concern; but it would be confirmed. In some instances, it may even expose/cause other issues.