Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a customer with an mdc 42 organ. The instrument was

Customer Question

I have a customer with an Allen mdc 42 organ. The instrument was powered on on Sunday morning...during Sunday school the organ started making sounds by itself then would play at all...no sounds from pedals or keyboards. Still powers up fine. Any suggestions to this dilemma?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It sounds as if the organ suffered either a power surge - in which case the damage may be either temporary or permanent, and it might well be permanent by the sound of it, unfortunately - or else its sound generator circuitry and/or audio amplifier has failed.

A prolonged (at least 2 day) powering down and unplugging from the power, might help if the problem is temporary.

If the problem is permanent, then the organ will need servicing by a pro in your region who knows Allen organs of that type. (If you need listings for such a repair-service pro for the Allen MDC line, please let me know your local zip code, or the customer's zip code if it is fairly distant from yours.)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The mdc also has a audio processor could it be the processor or are you leaning more towards the 2 amplifiers?

I think the audio processor is more likely, since the organ was playing notes by itself.