jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

My sp4-7 keeps cutting out. The last time it happened the

Customer Question

My sp4-7 keeps cutting out. The last time it happened the technician said it was a loose cable inside the unit. Can I fix this easily on my own and save 90.00? If so what procedure do I follow to remove the bottom cover?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Jon and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach, then do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Equally important, would you consider an electronic copy of the repair/Service Manual (for a token fee) that would serve as guide not only for the dis-assembly & assembly procedures but for the diagnostic procedures, parts list, schematic diagram among others.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I can't do all that. By the time I buy all that stuff I could get a new keyboard
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, merely determining which is causing the "...cutting out..." would need the multi-meter.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.