jaimzness
jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.
38010568

My sp4-7 keeps cutting out. The last time it happened the

Customer Question

My sp4-7 keeps cutting out. The last time it happened the technician said it was a loose cable inside the unit. Can I fix this easily on my own and save 90.00? If so what procedure do I follow to remove the bottom cover?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi Jon and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach, then do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?

Equally important, would you consider an electronic copy of the repair/Service Manual (for a token fee) that would serve as guide not only for the dis-assembly & assembly procedures but for the diagnostic procedures, parts list, schematic diagram among others.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't do all that. By the time I buy all that stuff I could get a new keyboard
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, merely determining which is causing the "...cutting out..." would need the multi-meter.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.