Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Hammond bv with a 31H Leslie. The problem Imay

Customer Question

I have a Hammond bv with a 31H Leslie. The problem Imay having is when I use the b+ from the Leslie kit the switch works but no sound is produced. When I hook the b+ back directly with the preamp I have sound but no switch for the motors. Everything is hardwired to the Leslie cable via the six pin socket. The B+ aka pin 5 is the only thing giving a problem.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Check all connections. With power Off, check them with a voltmeter set to Ohms, and placing the problems firmly and steadily upon the cleanest firmest measuring points available.

Then, you may have to replace that selector switch - with time and age the contacts inside may have degenerated esp. at the position of pin 5.

(Or, doubtfully there might be a need of cleaning the internal switch contacts, perhaps with electric contact cleaner spray, provided that there are no sensitive components (within spray splatter reach of the pin 5 contact) anywhere near it.)

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer, so that this case may be closed. If you need further advice, just Reply to let me know. Thanks.)