Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Roland D20 when powered up make a very loud sequence of

Customer Question

My Roland D20 when powered up make a very loud sequence of sounds and when I tried to Initialize with Tune/Function Write on Power up I gert Main Board error message. Can Ifix this somehow/
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Roland D20 Multi Timbral Linear s Multi Track Sequencerynthesizer
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tune/ Function and Write on power up
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: What else does he need to know? If nothing I can talk to him now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you have a Main Board Error and gross symptoms like that, try disconnecting everything from the Roland D20.

Turn it Off and unplug it for at least 2 hours, or longer.

Then at the end of that time, plug it in again, and turn it On with nothing attached to it.

If the loud sounds repeat and you again cannot initialize, then the Roland device is badly 'broken', has severe problems in control circuitry and initialization.

It will require repair (unless you would rather replace it.) So how old is it? and, what is your local zip code?