Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have a Yamaha DXG 650 that I fear was blasted by the

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a Yamaha DXG 650 that I fear was blasted by the lightening strike that killed my tv's power supply. I cannot turn my piano on. The screen is blank and and doesn't stay on. No sound,no power. What can you tell me?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the piano (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the unit, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I unplugged the piano for a couple of hours. Still no power. When I push the power button, the screen is lit and blank. I have to hold the power button down for the screen to stay lit. Otherwise there is nothing and no power. The power button used to make a click when it was engaged, but nothing now.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal powerboard that has faulted. This will have been caused by a power surge or disruption on the line.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I would also advise you invest in a surge protector like this to avoid losing your electrical equipment to these surges

https://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Protector-Ethernet-Protection-BE112234-10/dp/B000HPX46U

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you