Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I HAVE A KIMBALL ENTERTAINER MODEL 375 THE 'F" KEY ON SOLO

Customer Question

I HAVE A KIMBALL ENTERTAINER MODEL 375
THE 'F" KEY ON SOLO MANUAL 2ND FROM LEFT WON'T PLAY (UPPER KEYBOARD)
THE ENTIRE LOWER MANUAL STOPPED SUDDENLY WHEN I HAD IT ON AND HASN'T
PLAYED SINCE.
I HAVE TESTED THE TWO FUSES AND THEY ARE OK.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the organ's manual(s) still produces some sound, then that's good news - audio amplifiers have presumably not died.

One key gone dead can sometimes be cured by blowing into the cracks to the left and right of the key (and, with the adjacent keys held down) with an air compressor of the sort usually used to inflate tires.

As for the lower manual not producing any sound... if all the keys on that manual are that way, there could be several causes, but one thing's sure: the cause or the problem or the faulty component is common to *all* the notes. That means either a common run from that manual to the rest of the machine is loose, or perhaps a component that is in the manual that has gone silent, has taken it down.

If the above is not helpful for the problems, then please tell me your zip code or town/city and state, if you would like to call upon repairers of this type of organ that are in your region.