MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.
11519491

I had brand new piano in storage year while I was house

Customer Question

I had brand new piano in storage for a year while I was house hunting, as I was moving it on a hand truck it fell off and did not appear to damage anything. When I moved into the house I plugged it in and all the functions lite when pressed, but when we press the piano keys no sound is heard..
I just took the top off and all components look pristine...I did not several fuses on 2 circuit boards and was wondering if that they may have had a break in the filament..
Any ideas are appreciated. Peter Michaelsen
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 5 months ago.

Hi Peter, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Do you have any electronics experience and some tools and a meter for some testing?

Please let me know so I can advise you best on this one ;-)

This Problem could be anything really in the control circuitry, even a just a bad headphone jack now that it fell.

Worse case Peter, you can look up locally online for a piano keyboard repair shop, even one to come to yound fix this one. Even Best Buy and Sears offer this service everywhere ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you

Sincerely

Tech Michael