Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Hammond Organ has died. I had a local (Richmond, VA) tech

Customer Question

My Hammond Organ has died. I had a local (Richmond, VA) tech come to my home to take a look at what was wrong. I believe he said it was the generator? Asked to bring it in to the shop for repair, but we had no way of transporting it. Is there anyone in the Richmond area that would do an in-home repair?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There being a complete range of organs of the Hammond name, and Hammon organs being rather a specialty with some sub-specialties among the whole field, I need to ask what model or model line name your Hammond is, please.

As for organ repair specialists in the Richmond VA region that would do a 'house-call basis' repair-servicing... that depends mostly upon finding one that will do your Hammond organ, period... and do it well. So again, I need to ask for its model line, or model #, please, so as to be able to tell what sub-specialty is needed.

One possibility *might* be this one:

Hammond Organ & Piano Co
8002 Staples Mill Rd
Richmond, VA 23228
Phone:(###) ###-####/p>

or

Musical Restorations

Richmond, VA 23221

(###) ###-####/p>

and there are plenty of other possible candidates, too.