ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Trying to install a Roland UM-ONE USB MIDI interface into a

Customer Question

trying to install a Roland UM-ONE USB MIDI interface into a Mac via an external DVD drive - the DVD does not show up on the Mac - anywhere. How can i get thee Mac to recognize the DVD?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 8 months ago.

Hi Bill,

What is the model number of the external DVD drive you are using?

Does it recognize other DVDs?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete - the external DVD drive is the standard Apple wireless drive that i use with my iMac 21.5" computer. an update: since i last wrote, i went to my "system preferences" and clicked on CD/Dvd and it opened and searching this, the Roland UM_ONE appeared and clicking on the text, opened a "grayed-out' icon but trying to both single click or double click, would not open it for an installatiion. What do i do to get this driver to install so that i can then connect the hardware (per the roland instructions?)
Expert:  ITPeter replied 8 months ago.

If the DVD player is not functioning for any disc then you may need to reinstall your OS X.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete - again; to answer you question, Yes - the external drive has worked with all other DVDs and Cds - including putting the driver icon on to the computer screen. Thanks - in advance, for your help
Bill
Expert:  ITPeter replied 8 months ago.

Ok, so just with the Roland disc you are getting a grayed-out icon?

How are you accessing the disc? Through Finder?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I access thdvd player tthrough System preferences but clicking or double clicking on neither text or icon will giveme in installation or - as the manual says, it should show me: "Welcome to the UM-ONE Installer' - which never appears - thus the problem with installing the driver
Expert:  ITPeter replied 8 months ago.

Ok, then it sounds like the disc is faulty.. have you tried running it on a different computer?

You can try downloading the installer from the Roland website instead:

http://roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=UM-ONE

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Pete - I have solved the problem on my own - thank you for your attempts. Please arrange to have my VISA card reimbursed for the $15. charge since nothing from you helped.
Thank you, Bill