jaimzness, Engineer
Experience:  DAW and MIDI techniques. Keyboard and synthesizer programming. Electronic repair.

Need some help on a Numark C3 mixer.....have done a ton of

Customer Question

Need some help on a Numark C3 mixer.....have done a ton of mic button replacements, and sometimes when replace the button, the position of the switch is reversed.....meaning, it still comes on when the indicator light is on, but instead of that happening when the switch is DEpressed, or in the down position, it happens when the switch it in the up position. I know it's a small thing, and not really important...when the light is on the mic is hot....but it's realllllllllly annoying, I have tried troubleshooting multiple times when this occurs, like TEN different switches, positions, etc.....tried replacing it correctly with whether or not the indicator light was on or off when powered down, different positions on the switches...and I cannot seem to find any rhyme or reason to when it reverses and when it doesn't. It's a small issue, doesn't affect the functionality, but I am a perfectionist and I do these repairs often, and it is REALLLLLY aggravating me, and I'll tip well to any technician that can explain this to me. And I mean explain the actual proper Numark procedure to avoid this, not just regular troubleshooting methods....thos ehave been getting me nowhere. I'm sure there is something I'm it HAS to be in the same position as when it came apart, and reverse the switch position or something like that. Please help, I'll tip very well. Thanks.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.
Hi,Are you using the exact same replacement switch in all cases where this occurs?If you move that switch to a different position does the problem follow with it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

yes, all from same supplier, all OEM equipment.....we're talking like 5 different mixers, all C3's that I replace mic buttons on on a regular basis...(my dj's are heavy handed)'s such a strange anomaly....and I've encountered it more than once...sometimes it's just fine, sometimes it gives me this problem...I've been able to "fix" the problem on a couple boards before, but it doesn't seem to follow any pattern that I can's just random chance, trying all different combinations....I'm sure there's something specific to Numark or specific to the procedure that I'm missing here.....

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

like...some kind of default, maybe? It HAS to be indicator light off and switch in a specific position...or HAS to be in the position the switch failed in, and replacement switch in a specific position...not sure. Like I said, it'll still work okay no matter what, functions correctly with indicator light on meaning the mic is hot....but it's REALLY aggravating that I can't narrow down exactly what I'm doing wrong that the up or down position sometimes gets reversed...

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

You've helped me before...I KNOW you know your shit.....and I also know that what I'm describing sounds logistically impossible....but it's happened on 2 or 3 different boards, and sometime through trial and error I can get it back to the right position, and sometimes (like THIS time), I just can't. PLEASE help me out here, call on whatever gurus you can....this seems to be something procedurally that I'm missing...