ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.

I'm in posession of a Seeburg LP Console, built in around

Customer Question

I'm in posession of a Seeburg LP Console, built in around 1962. There is a problem with the TORMAT functioning. My first TORMAT TCC 1 did start the turning and play unit but the selection of singles (the working selection is for singles) did not work at all. Now I purchased another TORMAT TCC 1 thru "EBAY", and now I can hear the selector work but now the turntable unit does not function. Also the motor feels like it is stuck.
I hope you can give me some advice!
Jacques de Vries
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.

Hi Jacques,

You can test the tormat using an AA (1.5VDC) battery with the negative of the battery to the clean metal chassis and tap the positive end of the battery with the tip of the Tormat Plug (RCA Jack). When done correctly, ALL selections should be set and the machine should play every song. If the machine does not select and play at least two songs then let it scan and stop, do the battery test again, but do not start the unit up as there may be a mechanical problem with it that needs repairing.

Expert:  ITPeter replied 4 months ago.

Hi Jacques, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?