Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Casio qt6600 with error code E107 JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

Casio qt6600 with error code E107
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Computer Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not much to say got error code !!
JA: Is there anything else the Computer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Computer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Communication has been lost with the Master, according to that error code.

Go to Manager Mode, then go to System Reconfiguration, then press YES, then YES again in response to prompts, and that may help.

If that doesn't help, let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tried that already doesn't change error still there

Is your register networked to other registers? or is it installed standalone, without other registers anywhere around ?

If it is standalone, then it is *expecting* another register, but has none to 'talk' to, I would surmise.

If so, then you need to back out of whatever operation you tried to put it through, just before the E107 came up. Can you recollect what you were trying to do before the E107 error came up?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Wasn't trying to do anything till has been switched off and power off then fault appeared when switched back on

I see. So that idea isn't applicable to this case.

At this point I'm uncertain what to offer for this problem, except perhaps a reset, or even a factory reset that might wipe out all programming in the register's memory.

Does either of those sound like the right thing to try? I think that a non-erasing reset might be what this problem needs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tried a reset. I can't do a factory reset as there is no option for this.

What reset did you try? the one with turning the key to the REST or RST position, more or less?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No key on this till??
Switch off and back on whilst holding down the standby switch on the front of the till

Then I am somewhat puzzled as to what to suggest.

E107 means both the Master and the Backup Master are down. Did you ever have a Master register in your setup?

If it's still there, if it's obviously running, and apparently connected, then either the cable, or your register that is complaining that it is down, are defective, I would surmise.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have sorted the fault by going to a Casio engineer.
Can u credit the mo ft I had to pay for your answers please.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

If you are asking for a refund of charges, I regret that I have no power over such things, as a Expert. I can only refer you to Customer Support.

For all issues of billing, payment, subscription terms and status, etc., I must refer you to Customer Support at, which may be contacted through:

They will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.

Thank you for consulting Please feel welcome to return at any time to ask another question here, in any one of our numerous categories and divisions of expertise.