Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a Yamaha Digital Piano - YDP-101S. Approximately 15

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha Digital Piano - YDP-101S. Approximately 15 years old. It plays with the earphones but no sound when just turned on. What can I do?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.
Hi Karna and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, plug in again a pair of headphones and determine if there is sound. This is both a test and try of a fix. Do the plug in/un-plug a couple of times. Do the same to both PHONES jacks at the bottom panel.There are a hidden speaker cutoff switches inside these headphone jacks. Additionally, consider using compressed air or better yet, CRC 2-26, DeoxIT DN5 or LPS 03116 Contact Cleaner or equivalent to clean the insides of the headphone jack but allow sufficient drying time. Should this be not corrective and all external factors have been checked and ruled out, then the described symptom and displayed system message almost always point to an internal hardware issue. Such would require that the unit be opened up for visual inspection, voltage/continuity/resistance checks, confirm faults and effect repairs. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even a soldering iron?