MasterFixIt, Customer Service
Experience:  I repair the electronic end of most amplifiers and fix broken speaker systems.

Kawai CP170 some keys will not play soft. full-volume at

Customer Question

some keys will not play soft. full-volume at any striking pressure. I'll be disassembling it onsite (a church) on Monday and need pointers
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,This problem usually occurs when the sensor contacts get dirty under the keys - try cleaning them using electronic contact cleaner and you should notice improved results.Pete.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Account # ***** and Order ID# *****I was looking for more specific help related to the actual model/brand of musical instrument. Even the customer (a church) knew that 'cleaning contacts' was a possible solution before they called me to help.
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 5 months ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.To fix this one you will need to open the unit up and gain access to the switch contacts in the keys. You will need to use a spray degreaser designed to clean electronics, its a little expensive but there is still residue in there that is why the sound is incorrect or off key.Amazon has this as well as most auto parts stores. Below is a link for this please dont use anything else of you can permanently damage the keyboard! In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank youSincerelyTech Michael