GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I want to buy a Yamaha keyboard but need to know which models

Customer Question

I want to buy a Yamaha keyboard but need to know which models work with windows 10 computer upload music to my software
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
Hi there! My name is***** would be my pleasure to assist you with this. You aren't the only person with this concern. Yamaha is currently testing the compatibility of Yamaha products with the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. The compatibility information for each product will be regularly updated on their website. Please click on the link below to access this information the keyboard that you're thinking of buying isn't on this list, I recommend steering clear of it.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
I hope that I have provide the information that you were seeking. If so, please kindly take a moment to rate my service. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
U didnt answer my question. I asked what yamaha keyboards work with windows 10 and u gave me a list of drivers not keyboards. I am calling Yamaha tomorrow. Kindly refund my
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.
I'm sorry that I didn't provide the answer that you were seeking. You may visit and click on contact to request a refund form customer service. However, I'd like a chance to explain why that page is important. In order to interface you Yamaha keyboard with your computer running Windows 10, you will need a special hookup and special software. Some of the Yamaha keyboards will work with Windows 10 but will require a firmware update, which is an update to the software on the keyboard itself. Those that do are listed under firmware updates on that page. Also, that page indicates that the the Studio Manager v2 Host , which is the Yamaha software for the keyboards , is compatible with windows 10. The recommended hookup is the Yamaha UX16 is a simple One IN/One OUT MIDI interface which Yamaha recommend for basic MIDI I/O. Some competitive products work fine, some do not. It's best to stick with Yamaha product , the UX16, as Yamaha provides updated drivers for new operating systems and technical support if problems arise. Yamaha cannot provide drivers or support for competitors interfaces. Some of the low cost interfaces have no support at all. I hope that I have more thoroughly explained what you will need to know before making a purchasing decision. If you would like to tell me what which specific models you are considering I can provide specific information for those models.