Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Alesis QS8. The led lights up but other than that

Customer Question

I have a Alesis QS8. The led lights up but other than that it doesn't do anything. I tried the reset by pressing 0 and 3 then powering up, but nothing happens.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well the keyboard has been sitting for a couple of months. When it was turned on it no longer worked. I thought it might be a problem with the battery. So I checked the battery and it's fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Instrument Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No that's it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Try removing the battery for at least 2 hours, or overnight.Then try powering it On again, and if there is no change, your keyboard has a severe problem and, just maybe, as been stored improperly, hastening the problem.Keyboards seem (to me) to often go bad when stored or disused for a while. It may be best to take extra care that they have medium temperatures, medium humidity (or at least, not wildly varying humidity), and otherwise generally good conditions. How old is your Alesis keyboard, measuring from is date of purchase?