Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Peter: I have a PSR-740. When I turn the unit on there is no sound when I depress an

Customer Question

Hi Peter:
I have a PSR-740. When I turn the unit on there is no sound when I depress any of the keys. I have verified that the speakers are operational by playing back a midi file. I have performed a re-initialization to the factory default setting twice however the keys do not produce any sound. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Switch the MIDI output mode to OFF, first. When MIDI Output mode is enabled, often it turns Off the speakers altogether. If that doesn't work, let me know, and I will have further suggestions. (And also tell me, how old is the PSR-740, and has it had other problems before this?) Thanks.