Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

I'm trying to find out if my Kurzweill Mark II that I bought

Customer Question

I'm trying to find out if my Kurzweill Mark II that I bought in 1989 is reaoairable.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: OKay. On Monday I turned it on and as I played every other key was muted. It didn't matter which keys. If one worked the next was mute.
JA: Is there anything else the Instrument Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Absolutely. I unplugged the machine to see if that would fix it. yeaterday I plugged it in and turned it on there is a horrible BLATT of clashing noises, all electronic and very loud. Very scary noise.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. That is an indicator that your processor is hung up. I want you to run the diagnostics test to see if it comes up with a definite error. Turn unit off. Hold down the “FUNCTION” button. Turn the unit on, and hold the function button three (3) seconds. Only the “SELECT,” AND “POWER” LED’s should be lit. Press and release the “REVERB” button. Let the tests run for 5 minutes. Turn the unit off. The unit is now reset. Please tell me the result.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Rusty,We have miscommunication. My keyboard is an electronic Kurzweil Mark III Ensemble Grande. It has no function key.Mimi Drummond
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rusty, Good Afternoon. Someone sent me a request to rate the service you gave me. ??? Do you have any way of helping me with my keyboard?
Expert:  Rusty replied 7 months ago.
Your original request said it was a Mark II. That is a big difference. For the Mark III: Turn unit off. Turn unit on. Press and release the “FUNCTION,” button. Press and release the sixth E flat from the left. Just the “POWER,” and “PLAY” LED’s should be lit. Press and release the , “STAGE/ROOM,” button. Let the tests run for 5 minutes. Turn the unit off. The unit is now reset.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dea RUsty,I cannot find a function button!
Sorry about the Mark II, my computer doesn't like my typing too fast.Mimi