Aric, Electronic Musical Instrument Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Motif 7 won't play sounds by connecting the output directly

Customer Question

Motif 7 won't play sounds by connecting the output directly into a speaker monitor.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Hello, The Motif requires a "Powered Monitor"- that output on the unit is not an amplified output. What monitor are you trying to connect to it?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a Tannoy Monitor. Could you call me? It's a little more in depth than that.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
I cannot take a phone call as I have no service where I am. So if you need assistance reply back with the model of the Tannoy and also whatever other details you need to add.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Could you Skype? It's a Tannoy Reveal 501A.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've never had this problem before playing my keyboard directly through a monitor with a cable connecting the output of the Motif to the output in the back of the Tannoy monitor.
Expert:  Aric replied 5 months ago.
Okay as a quick test, pull the cord out of the back of the Yamaha, and leave the other end connected to the Tannoy. Touch your finger to the end of the cable- does the monitor make a buzz or hum?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
A little hum. If I plug a headphone jack from my laptop to the input of the Motif I can hear audio but only in the "Integrated Sampling" mode.