Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My korg SV1 is turning on and lighting up, but no sound JA:

Customer Question

my korg SV1 is turning on and lighting up, but no sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Instrument Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my korg sv1 is turning on, but no sound is coming out
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Instrument Technician should know?
Customer: no, don' t think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Instrument Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you considered / tried a RESET? Still, let's try the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• gently tap/exercise the MASTER VOLUME and the AMP DRIVE controls;• try/exercise all the other jacks;• plug in a pair of headphones and determine if there is sound. This is both a test and try of a fix. Do the plug in/unplug a couple of times. There is a hidden speaker cutoff switch inside the headphone jack;• connect the OUTPUT RIGHT and/or L/MONO jacks to an amplifier;• connect an external source to the INPUT RIGHT and/or L/MONO jacks.All other tests would be on the internal circuitry and with the use of a multi-meter.