Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My kawai ES 8 is not making sound, it worked before but after

Customer Question

My kawai ES 8 is not making sound, it worked before but after we moved it it dosnt make a sound anymore
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Louie replied 7 months ago.
Hi Susan and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):• check/exercise the SPEAKER OFF/ON switch at the back;• gently tap/exercise the MASTER VOLUME slider;• try/exercise all the other jacks;• plug in a pair of headphones and determine if there is sound. There are two (2) headphone jacks on this model.. This is both a test and try of a fix. Do the plug in/un-plug a couple of times. There is a hidden speaker cutoff switch inside the headphone jack;• connect the LINE OUT R and/or L/MONO jacks to an amplifier;• connect an external source to the LINE IN STEREO jack.All other tests would be on the internal circuitry and with the use of a multi-meter.