Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

My roland td-9 percussion sound module is not turning on

Customer Question

my roland td-9 percussion sound module is not turning on
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Tyler and welcomeAre you seeing any lights show at all when trying to turn it on?And have you tried a different power socket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights on the module. The cable is a roland dc cable. I have tried different sockets. When i press power the green blinking light on roland cable blinks and when connected to amp when power is pressed there is feedback from amplifier.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksCan you disconnect it from powerThen hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.Then wait 5 minutes, connect it to power and tell me please if it now turns on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed the directions. It did not power up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal mainboard that has faulted. This now confirms itA residual buildup in the board can cause this but we have now ruled this out I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the unit to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you