ITPeter
ITPeter, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years' experience in installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Hammond L112 making loud whirring noise when turned on. Noise

Customer Question

Hammond L112 making loud whirring noise when turned on. Noise stays on as long as switch is on.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  ITPeter replied 7 months ago.
Hi Jack,
Expert:  ITPeter replied 7 months ago.
I take it the noise is coming from the motor area, and the tones still sound good?If the noise appears to be coming from the motor then oiling usually helps.It may take a while for the oil to get to where it's supposed to be.Leave the organ running for a while. Apply some more oil after a while if there is no improvement after a few days.Try not to run it too much oil at a time - it won't make much difference in distributing the oil.Also make sure you are using Hammond-spec oil, not just any oil will work.Once it is quiet, apply a little more oil again, then apply oil at least once a year to keep it quiet.Pete.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I oiled the motor with the Hammond oil. Noise continued to come from motor area. I oiled again. Noise abates intermittently by comes back. I added more oil to no avail.