Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a Roland digital piano fp2 and am trying to connect

Customer Question

I have a Roland digital piano fp2 and am trying to connect it to my computer to use an interactive piano software program. I went online to see about downloading the latest Roland USB driver but apparently the last one is for 10.9 (I think) and there was a statement indicating that this would not work for later MAC Os versions (I am running MAC OS version 10.11.4). Would it be better for me to buy MIDI cables instead as my computer does not recognize any USB connection to the piano? Thank you
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think that, in summary, using MIDI connection instead would be much more promising.(Do your USB ports work with other devices, at least? if not, then you may have a USB port problem more than a operating system version problem.) Small wonder if you find getting USB drivers working for this FP-2 model... the site for FP-2 kept by Roland lists only 10.4 and 10.5 drivers for MAC OS X.