Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

Goodafrernoon, Would you have any idea what is causing

Customer Question

Would you have any idea what is causing a vibrating note (E flat ) on the high octaves? When I pull out the first drawbar this happens on 4th and 5th E flat, on the second drawbar 3rd, 4th and 5th A flat (harmonic), and so on.
All the other notes have a nice, steady and clear tone.
I thank you so much for your attention to this matter.
Category: Electronic Musical Instruments
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. If the vibrating tone (or, Vibrato?) is happening only on the E flats in whatever octaves, then it sounds as if your tone generator (or, if you have a newer electronic organ, perhaps your tone generator chip) has a problem. But it really depends heavily upon what sort of organ or keyboard instrument you are playing. Please let me know (by maker and model # ***** model name at least, and perhaps by year or decade at least) what that instrument is, and I will advise you further. Thanks.(Note: further queries in Reply to Expert are free of additional charge.)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is a 60's hammond organ A 100 with tone generator.Thanks.
Those are rather elaborated... and I confess I cannot possibly tell you how to service the problem you have mentioned, except to get a 1960s Hammond (with-tone-wheel or with-tone-generator) repair and servicing expert to deal with it.I can find (perhaps) Hammond servicing experts of the sort you need, to contact about this, if you will give me your local zip code, please. Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dear Just AnswerIt is stated before we use the service, if a question cannot be answered, then there will NOT be a charge. I was charged 2 amounts--$5, and then $10. Please be so kind to explain why I have been charged when the Musical Expert was unable to answer my question, and how soon will you be reimbursing me.Thank you,Petros
I am sorry to hear that. Since, as a Expert, I have no power over billing and charges, I must refer you to Customer Support at may be contacted through will no doubt address your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.